The Society and Workplace Diversity group is a research unit at Faculty of Psychology at the University of Bergen. Our research projects are devoted to develop knowledge about challenges and implications of ethnic diversity in the society in general and in the workplaces. An aim is to develop knowledge of applied value for policy makers and human resource management in organizations. Within this field, the research group is involved in projects focusing on issues such as:
- Recruitment in multicultural pools of applicants
- Implications of cultural diversity for group dynamics and team performance
- Selection for expatriate work assignments and the assessment of cultural competence
- Leadership in multicultural environments
- Characteristics and consequences of acculturation strategies of immigrant groups
- Multi-ethnic contact in plural societies
The Norwegian Research Council finances a large part of the research activities of the group. Several projects are also undertaken in contract with international organizations, e.g. the European Space Agency (ESA). We collaborate with a large number of prominent scientists around the world who make valuable contributions to our research.