Research presentations from 2010
Researchers from all three clinical departments (Clinical Medicine, Medicine, and Surgical sciences) are invited to present their work to fellow researchers and the general audience. Poster exhibition and oral presentations will take place in Haukeland University Hospital January 24th-28th 2010.
At the beginning of each year, the Research School allows researchers who have presented at scientific meetings and conferences during the previous year, two present their work again to fellow researchers and the general audience at Haukeland University Hospital.
All researchers with a connection to either of the three clinical university departments (Dept of Medicine, Clinical Medicine or Surgical sciences), who, in the course of the past year, presented their work at a scientific meeting in Norway or abroad.
What do you need to do ?
- Posters presented at meetings in the past year can be entered directly, it is not neccessary to make a new poster. We will make a banner with all posters printed on, so we do not need the original poster. Posters are submitted as PDF-files.
- Oral presentations held at meetings in the past year can be presented in their original form, but since the audience will be a general medical one, putting in some more background can be wise if your talk was made for a specialized audience.
Prizes of NOK 5000/3000/2000 will be awarded to the three best presentations in each category, according to the evaluation of a scientific committee appointed by the Research School
How to enter
All participants must submit:
I An Abstract of maximum 1 A4 page, 1.5 spacing, fontsize 12, containing:
- Title, authors, adressses.
- No figures, references or special formatting.
- INformation on where and when the presentation was held originally.
II A short summary in Norwegian intended for the general public and non-medical readers, and including:
1. A Norwegian title
2. First author’s name and address (institute)
3. A short summary of your most important findings in Norwegian (maximum 100 words)
Please remember to make this summary understandable to the general public, and avoid use of advanced medical terminology.
NEW: Feedback on the Norwegian summaries:
The research presentations from 2010 will be presented in the lobby of the main building (Sentralblokken) at Haukeland University Hospital. Hundreds of people pass through this area every day, and many of them are not familiar with medical terminology. Therefore, the Department of Communication (Kommunikasjonsavdelingen) has decided to offer their help in making the Norwegian summaries as easy to understand for the public as possible. If they have suggestions or feedback on how to improve the summaries, they will contact the researchers and start a dialogue. Researchers are also welcome to contact the Department of Communication directly if they are experiencing any challenges in their work with the Norwegian summaries.
If you need assistance, please e-mail email@example.com or call 55976000.
Send your poster in PDF-format, in addition to the documents mentioned above.
Send your abstract, Norwegian summary and, for poster participants, PDF file to Geir Helgeland at the Research School, by November 15th 2010.
Note: If you are scheduled for poster presentation later than Nov 15th, you only need to send abstract and Norwegian summary at submission. Please send the poster PDF as soon as possible thereafter.
Last updated 9.10.2010