Politics of Care
Professor Elise Widding Isaksen and Helle Stenum have contributed with a chapter in the new book: "Politics of Care".
Numerous research data show that the key strategy by which households, especially in Southern and Western European countries, but increasingly also in Nordic and Eastern European states, compensate for the care work to paid migrant or local care workers.
In this collection of papers authors from different European regions critically examine policy responses of different local, national or supranational, governmental or civil society, collective or individual policy actors to these developments.
Professor Elise Widding Isaksen and Helle Stenum have contributed with the chapter "The politics of recognition: From cultural exhange to domestic work".
Last updated 16.9.2011
Nyheter fra Department of Sociology
- Migration and care work in Norway and the United Kingdom (07.05.2013)
- Workshop on democracy, justice and climate change (15.01.2013)
- Manglende sikkerhetsnett for unge med høyere utdannelse (05.12.2012)
- VUL group in London (03.10.2012)
- Language and Climate (11.09.2012)