The Science Library is one of the branch libraries of the University of Bergen Library system, providing comprehensive collections of literature in mathematics and the natural sciences:
The regular loan period for books is 4 weeks. For more information, see: lending regulations.
Recommendations for new books may be delivered directly to the circulation desk at the library, or by e-mail.
The University Library offers:
BIBSYS OPAC - online catalogue with searching facilities and simple routines for borrowing literature. This is an online union catalogue containing bibliographical records of the collections in the National Library, Norwegian university libraries, all college libraries, and a number of research libraries
Bibliotekportalen - the gateway to the library's electronic recources
The Science Library
The Science Library provides comprehensive collections of literature in mathematics and the natural sciences. We are located in Carl Godske's house, in Johannes Brunsgt 12.
Every month the Science Library adds new books to the collection.
At the start of the semester a computer assistant will be stationed at the desk at the Science Library between 10.00 A.M. and 03.00 P.M..
The University Library has now made available online nearly 850 newspapers from Pressdisplay.
NEWS IN BORA (Bergen Open Research Archive)
- Throughput and robustness of bioinformatics pipelines for genome-scale data analysis (19.02.14)
- Direct data transfer between SOAP web services in Orchestration (01.01.12)
- Data partitioning enables the use of standard SOAP Web Services in genome-scale workflows (01.01.11)
- Årsstatistikk fra legevakt 2013 (01.04.14)
- Distance and utilisation of out-of-hours services in a Norwegian urban/rural district: an ecological study (17.06.13)