The Science Library is one of the branch libraries of the University of Bergen Library system, providing comprehensive collections of literature in mathematics and the natural sciences:
The regular loan period for books is 4 weeks. For more information, see: lending regulations.
Recommendations for new books may be delivered directly to the circulation desk at the library, or by e-mail.
The University Library offers:
BIBSYS OPAC - online catalogue with searching facilities and simple routines for borrowing literature. This is an online union catalogue containing bibliographical records of the collections in the National Library, Norwegian university libraries, all college libraries, and a number of research libraries
Bibliotekportalen - the gateway to the library's electronic recources
The Science Library
The Science Library provides comprehensive collections of literature in mathematics and the natural sciences. We are located in Carl Godske's house, in Johannes Brunsgt 12.
Every month the Science Library adds new books to the collection.
At the start of the semester a computer assistant will be stationed at the desk at the Science Library between 10.00 A.M. and 03.00 P.M..
NEWS IN BORA (Bergen Open Research Archive)
- The Norwegian Stroke in the Young Study (NOR-SYS): rationale and design (17.07.13)
- Performance and accountability - a theoretical discussion and an empirical assessment (01.04.13)
- Elevated levels of CXCL10 in the Periodic Fever, Aphthous stomatitis, Pharyngitis and cervical Adenitis syndrome (PFAPA) during and between febrile episodes; an indication of a persistent activation of the innate immune system (17.10.13)
- The Reinvention of the Original: The Self-Translations of María Luisa Bombal and Rosario Ferré (31.01.14)
- Fever in the tropics: aetiology and case-fatality - a prospective observational study in a tertiary care hospital in South India (30.07.13)