Helga Salvesen Memorial Symposium
Welcome to a one day symposium in the memory of Helga B. Salvesen, September 14th 2016 with the title "Biomarkers in Female Cancer".
The symposium is titled “Biomarkers in Female Cancer” and is a joint effort between CCBIO and the Department of Clinical Science at UiB and the Women's Clinic at Helse Bergen. The aim of the symposium is to honor Helga Salvesen's memory by focusing on the state of the art within research on gynecologic cancer as well as younger researchers efforts within the field.
Registration: Please register through this link.
Time: 14th September 2016 at 10.00-17.00
Place: Store Auditorium (the large auditorium), Sentralblokken (hospital main building), Haukeland University Hospital.
As you can see from the program below, we have secured international, national and local speakers. There will also be a combined lunch and poster session in the Aula of the Building for Basic Biological Research (BBB), where younger researchers can present their work. The symposium is open to all and free of charge, so please feel free to forward this information.
- 09:00-10:00 Coffee & Light foods: Large Auditorium, Haukeland University Hospital, 3rd floor
- 10:00-10:15 Opening remarks:
-Lars A. Akslen, Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO
-Per Bakke, Department of Clinical Science
-Line Bjørge, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Session I Chair: Bjørn Tore Gjertsen
- 10:15-11:00 Ate van der Zee: Clear cell ovarian cancer: new models, targets and drugs
- 11:00-11:45 Inger Thune: Patients and breast tumor markers in combination and energy balance - important aspects in breast cancer development
- 11:45-12:30 Hani Gabra: The future of translational research in gynaecological cancer clinical trial
12:30-14:00 TAPAS-LUNCH and POSTER SESSION
Session II Chair: Camilla Krakstad
- 14:00-14:20 Toni Hurtado: FOXA1 plays an independent role of ER in endometrial cancers and its expression predicts good outcome in HER2 positive patients
- 14:20-14:40 Erling Høivik: Genomic analysis of endometrial cancer -searching for a metastasis specific target
- 14:40-15:00 Ingunn Stefansson: Angiogenesis and angiogenic signatures in endometrial cancer
- 15:00-15:20 Anna Berg: Tissue and imaging biomarkers for hypoxia predict poor outcome in endometrial cancer
- 15:20-15:40 COFFEE
Session III Chair: Line Bjørge
- 15:40-16:00 Even Birkeland: Proteomic analysis of paraffin embedded breast cancer tissue
- 16:00-16:20 Elisabeth Wik: Gene Expression Signatures in Cancer - Capturing Diversity?
- 16:20-16:40 Erica Werner: Biomarkers, discovery and implementation in endometrial cancer
- 16:40-16:45 Closing remarks Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO, University of Bergen Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Haukeland University Hospital
Please find printer friendly program here.
We hope that Helgas memorial symposium will be an inspiring event to all participants!
Centre for Cancer Biomarkers CCBIO, UiB
Department of Clinical Science, UiB
Women's Clinic, Haukeland University Hospital