Mål og innhald
The course introduces students to theories about and technologies for the social web, with applications such as community building, mass collaboration, social networking, blogging, and social gaming. The aim is to give students a thorough understanding of social web technologies and social network services and their application, including issues such as privacy, ethics, trust, reputation, and addiction. Topics to be addressed include the history of the social web, social navigation, social network theory, diffusion of technology and participation. Finally, the course will investigate the power of social technology by examining uses such as social justice, marketing and political change.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- knows important theories relevant to the social web.
- has theoretical knowledge of social technology.
- has knowledge about privacy, ethics, trust and reputation in the use of social
- understands the power of social technology.
- is familiar with a broad range of social technologies.
The candidate can
- describe and explain basic concepts of the social web.
- compare and contrast different social technologies.
- analyze and evaluate social technologies.
- use social technologies for various purposes.
Krav til forkunnskapar
INFO100 or equivalent
Krav til studierett
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
4-6 two-hour lectures, 10-16 two-hour seminars
There will be 4-6 mandatory individual assignments and 2-4 group assignments, which must be completed and approved.
Mandatory participation: Attendance at mandatory labs (at least 80%).
- One individual assignment (50%)
- 3 hours written exam (50%)
Letter grade (A-F).
INFO115 overlaps 5 ECTS with INFO114
Assessment in teaching semester. Only students who have a valid document of absence will be entitled to take a new written exam the following semester.
The course is evaluated by students every three years, and by the responsible lecturer
Department of Information Science and Media Studies
Klokkeslett for oppstart av skoleeksamen kan endre seg fra kl 09.00 til 15.00 eller vice versa inntil 14 dager før eksamen. Eksamenslokale publiseres 14 dager før eksamen. Kandidatene finner sin egen romplassering på Studentweb 3 dager før eksamen.
Vurderingsordning: Individual assignment and written exam
Eksamensdel: Individual assignment
- 08.11.2019, 14:00
- Digital eksamen
Eksamensdel: Written exam
- 04.12.2019, 09:00
- 3 timer
- Digital eksamen