Research Topics in Information Systems Development
Irregular (not taught every year)
Mål og innhald
The course covers research in areas of information systems development (ISD). It will focus on topics among these: technological trends, application areas, requirements, stakeholders and roles, project management, governance, privacy, safety and security. A sequence of seminars will be held where we in each seminar focus on topics from the ISD field, combined with a focus on a literature review process in research.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge and skills:
- knows central theories within information systems development.
- knows current research within selected information systems development topics.
- knows about methods used in information systems development research
- can identify and analyze relevant research literature for topics in information systems development.
- can assess the applicability of research methods in an information systems development research project.
- can apply information systems development concepts and principles in a concrete development project.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Bachelor in Information Science or similar.
INFO212, INFO233 or similar.
Krav til studierett
Master in Information Science. Other master students may apply for admission.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Seminar, assignments and presentations.
Participation: Attendance at 80 % of course sessions is compulsory.
Compulsory requirements are only valid the semester they are approved.
- Literature review within a limited area of information systems development research. (60%) This is a group work for groups of (2)-3 persons. The study should identify prevailing theories in the area, research methodologies and research gaps in the area.
- Individual essay related to the literature study. Should be an in-depth argument for a research topic to pursue in information systems development (40%).
The grading system has a descending scale from A to E for passes and F for fail.
Assessment in teaching semester.
Alle emne blir evaluert i tråd med UiBs kvalitetssystem for utdanning.
Department of Information Science and Media Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences has the administrative responsibility for the course and the study programme.