Autumn. (Exam each semester.)
Bergen Law Faculty
Mål og innhald
The aim of this course is to introduce students to the assortment of major European legal systems and the to different styles of law-making and interpretation within those systems.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
Understand the distinction between common law and civil law legal systems in Europe;
Understand the variety of legal traditions which are contained within the category of private law in Europe;
Identify legal sources (constitution; legislation; case-law) from selected civil law systems;
Operate comparisons among different legal solutions both orally and in writing.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Three years of university studies.
Three years of Law studies.
In combination with JUS358 Comparative Private Law this course generates no new credits.
Krav til studierett
The course is available for the following students:
- Admitted to the integrated master programme in law
- Admitted to the two-year master programme in law
- Granted admission to elective courses at the Faculty of Law
- Granted additional right to study following completed master degree in law at UiB
- Exchange students at the Faculty of Law
The pre-requirements may still limit certain students' access to the course
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Exam each semester.
Four hour digital school exam.
Information about digital examination can be found here:
- Question paper: English
- Answer paper: English
Hjelpemiddel til eksamen
Support materials allowed during school exam:
See section 3-5 of the Supplementary Regulations for Studies at the Faculty of Law at the University of Bergen.
Special regulations about dictionaries:
- According to the Regulations for Studies, one dictionary is permitted support material during the examination. Bilingual dictionaries containing for example both Norwegian-English and English-Norwegian are considered as one dictionary.
- Bilingual dictionaries to/from the same two languages - for example Norwegian-English/English-Norwegian - in two different volumes are also considered as one dictionary (irrespective of publisher or edition).
- Dictionaries as described above cannot be combined with any other types of dictionaries.
- Any kind of combination which makes up more than two physical volumes is forbidden.
- In case a student has a special need for any other combination than the above mentioned, such combination has to be clarified with/approved by the course coordinator minimum two weeks before the exam. Students who have not been granted permission to have a special combination minimum two weeks before the exam will be subject to the usual regulations (Section 3-5) about examination support materials.
A - E for passed, F for failed.
According to administrative arrangements for evaluating courses at the Law Faculty.
Professor Berte-Elen Konow and Guest Professor Gianmaria Ajani.
Course teachers: professor Berte-Elen Konow and guest professor Gianmaria Ajani
Administrative contact: email@example.com
Klokkeslett for oppstart av skriftlig eksamen kan endre seg fra kl 09.00 til 15.00 eller vice versa inntil 14 dager før eksamen.
- 25.05.2021, 09:00
- 4 timer
- Digital eksamen