Campus Møllendal at UiB.
Mål og innhald
This is one of four medium and method based modules that students must choose from.
During this module you will be introduced to various genres and formats of performance art.
Through experimental exercises you will experience different ways of using body, space and time.
A range of issues will be adressed, either in practical exercises and/or with examples from the history of performace-art: The relationship between performer and audience; set design and scenography; sound and lighting; various ways of setting a stage as well as script-writing, narrative, duration and the use of time.
The students will make their own performance and analyze and discuss these in individual and/or group tutorials.
- Broad knowledge of key principles and theories of performance art.
- Broad contextual awareness of artistic developments in the field.
- The student has basic knowledge of the history and traditions of performance and related art-forms.
- Understanding of a range of practical approaches, techniques and tools that might be relevant to personal project ideas.
- Awareness of sources of information, and how to employ these in updating personal knowledge and understanding.
- Basic understanding of performance as an artistic practice.
- Understanding what it means to perform; by performing oneself and by understanding basic formal elements of how a performance is composed.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Krav til studierett
This module requires admission to the Bachelor's Programme in Fine Art and is offered to students in their first semester.
Master`s students in Fine Art also can apply for admission to this module, but bachelor's students are prioritized.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
- Practical experiments
- Self-directed studio practice
- Peer critique
- Individual tutoring
Oral presentation(s), either individual or in a group learning enviroment (max. 20 min).
(Compulsory assignment and attandance must be approved for the student to enter the exam)
A summative "portfolio" of practical course work.
Passed / Not passed.
Bestått / ikkje bestått.
The module is evaluated every third year in accordance with UiB's Quality System.
Programstyret har ansvar for fagleg innhald og oppbygging av studiet og for kvaliteten på studieprogrammet med emner.
Faculty of Fine Art, Music and Design holds the administrative responsibility for the module and studyprogram.
Study Adviser can be contacted here: email@example.com or 55587300
Vurderingsordning: Oppsummerande portfolio