Campus Møllendal at UiB.
Mål og innhald
This is one of four medium and method based modules that students must choose from.
This module will introduce different supports and grounds for painting (canvas, paper, fiberboard, aluminum etc), in terms of expression and suitability, cost and aging. Workshop: Preparation (sizing and priming) of canvas and panel (traditional).
Introduction to Pigments and mediums. Students will be introduced to a variety of materials and methods. Oil paint, tempera, working with acrylic paint.
- Specialized knowledge of key principles and theories of practices, in painting.
- Knowledge of the history and traditions of the field of painting and how this relates to the student¿s artistic practice.
- A high level of contextual awareness of contemporary professional and research developments in the field.
- In-depth understanding of a range of practical approaches and tools relevant to Master¿s project.
- In-depth awareness of sources of information, and how to employ these in updating personal knowledge and understanding.
- Tacit skills in handling tools, materials and techniques with a high level of competence and awareness.
- Cognitive skills in reflection and application of knowledge through practice and in direct relevance to Master¿s project.
- Can identify and apply connections between subject matter and related cultural contexts. kompetanse.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Basic knowledge of painting.
Krav til studierett
Master`s students in Fine Art can apply for admission to this module, but bachelor's students are prioritized.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Hands on workshop, lectures, screenings and discussions. Workshop: Preparation (sizing and priming) of canvas and panel (traditional).
Oral presentation(s), either individual or in a group learning enviroment (max. 20 min).
(Compulsory assignment and attandance must be approved for the student to enter the exam)
A summative "portfolio" of practical course work.
Passed / Not passed.
Bestått / ikkje bestått.
The module is evaluated every third year in accordance with UiB's Quality System.
Programstyret har ansvar for fagleg innhald og oppbygging av studiet og for kvaliteten på studieprogrammet med emner.
Faculty of Fine Art, Music and Design holds the administrative responsibility for the module and studyprogram.
Study Adviser can be contacted here: firstname.lastname@example.org or 55587300
Vurderingsordning: Oppsummerande portfolio
- 30.09.2022, 16:00
- Digital eksamen