- Talet på semester1
- SpråkNorsk / engelsk.
Vår / spring.
Campus Møllendal / UiB.
Mål og innhald
In STUDIO (STUDIO), students from Bergen School of Architecture (BAS) and KMD will explore studios as physical, social, private and public spaces. The course series is led by the artists Eamon O'Kane and Sveinung Unneland from KMD and architect Espen Folgerø from BAS.
On successful completion of the module students will have:
- Demonstrated a clear understanding of a range of contemporary art/architecture/design precedents
- Understood the technological and cultural context of art and design processes
- Translated ideas into art/design proposals
- An understanding of the investigation, critical appraisal and selection of alternative structural, constructional and material systems
- An ability to generate art and design proposals using understanding of a body of knowledge
- An ability to apply a range of communication methods and media to present design proposals clearly and effectively
- An ability to effectively respond to and reflect upon feedback on their own work in order to develop and improve their learning.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Krav til studierett
Opptak til Bachelorprogrammet i kunst.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
- Group Discussions
Minst 80% tilstedeværelse er forventet.
Individuel- eller gruppe-innlevering av kunstnerisk projekt.
The module is evaluated every third year in accordance with UiB's Quality System.
Programstyret har ansvar for fagleg innhald og oppbygging av studiet og for kvaliteten på studieprogrammet med emner.
Faculty of Fine Art, Music and Design holds the administrative responsibility for the module and studyprogram.
In STUDIO (STUDIO), students from Bergen School of Architecture (BAS) and Art, Design and Music students from KMD will explore studios as physical, social, private and public spaces. The course series is led by the artists Eamon O'Kane and Sveinung Unneland and staff from Design at KMD and architect Espen Folgerø from BAS. In collaboration with staff and students from KMD and BAS we will research and develop a prototype residency space for the STUDIO Residency project. This will be done at a 1:1 and model scale.
KORO Public Art Norway's project STUDIO is part of the public art production for the Faculty's new building in Møllendalsveien 61. Its processual form connects to the installation Ephemerality ¿ A Permanent Collectionkoro.no/kunstverk/ephemerality-a-permanent-collection/, unveiled when the building opened in 2017. STUDIO will explore studio practices, workspaces and work processes in fine art, music and design. The project aims to create collaborations across disciplines at KMD and between KMD and professional art practices, institutions and the public. Throughout history, studios have framed individual practices, teaching, professional and public exchanges.
Study Adviser can be contacted here:
- 06.06.2023, 12:00
- Digital eksamen