Mål og innhald
Environmental psychology focuses on the relation between individuals and their physical environment. This includes (but is not limited to) the study of human behavior that interacts with the natural environment. For example, humans play an essential role in both producing and potentially mitigating climate change.
The course gives an introduction to theory, research, and methods in the study of human perception and behavior in the field of environmental psychology. It focuses on approaches within psychology that study information processing, judgment and appraisal processes, behavior, and communication.
On completion of the course the student should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Knows key concepts in the field of environmental psychology.
- Knows major theories dealing with human-environment relations.
- Knows research methods applied to study human-environment relations.
- Can reflect upon and evaluate research questions in this topic area.
- Can reflect upon and evaluate research designs and methods in this topic area.
- Can analyze environment related issues with relevant concepts and theories from psychology.
- Has gained experience with presenting research in the field of environmental psychology to an academic audience.
- Can search, structure, and reflect upon scientific literature in this topic area.
- Can participate in discussions dealing with human-environment relations.
- Can communicate research in the field of environmental psychology.
Krav til forkunnskapar
Krav til studierett
Emnet er ope for alle med studierett ved UiB.
Undervisningsformer og omfang av organisert undervisning
The course consists of a mix of teaching methods that complement each other. Traditional lecture-style teaching is accompanied by other teaching methods that allow group-based learning on specific topics. Specifically, the course will consist of:
- Lectures and seminars based on recommended readings.
- Group assignment in which the students will work together on a sub-topic of the course. Students will present their group work as part of the seminar.
- Plenary discussions following the presentation of the group assignment.
- Individual independent preparation of the course materials and of the group assignment.
Presentation of a group assignment.
A 4 hour written exam will be given at the end of the course. The students are expected to answer 4 out of 6 presented questions concerning topics covered by the lectures. The students has to answer all 4 qusestions sufficiently to pass the exam.
Hjelpemiddel til eksamen
Emnet vert evaluert i tråd med Det psykologiske fakultet sine rutinar for deltakande evaluering og UiB sitt kvalitetssikringssystem.
Institutt for samfunnspsykologi
Institutt for samfunnspsykologi
Det psykologiske fakultet
Tlf: 55 58 27 10
Klokkeslett for oppstart av skoleeksamen kan endre seg fra kl 09.00 til 15.00 eller vice versa inntil 14 dager før eksamen. Skoleeksamen høsten 2020 vil foregå enten hjemme eller på campus. Se emnet på MittUiB for mer informasjon.
- 25.09.2020, 09:00
- 4 timer
- Digital eksamen