Enroll in an exciting and internationally focused Master’s programme
The Department of Administration and Organizational Theory has partnered with several educational institutions in Bangladesh. Our Master's programme in Public Administration gives you the opportunity to study first in Norway - and then in Bangladesh. Apply for admission now!
For students with an interest in development, state and administration in developing countries and international relations, we offer an internationally focused Master's degree. The study has many similarities with our Norwegian Master’s programme in administration and organizational science, but the international Master's program is unique in that our students come from all over the world. The program is taught in English and involves a well-organized exchange semester in Bangladesh. The structure of the Master's programme can be found here.
In the second semester, in the spring, you have the opportunity of going on an exchange trip to Bangladesh. This semester you take three development-related courses:
- Research Design Seminar (PPG565)
- Development Management and Field Studies (PPG525) – This course involves field work at the Bangladesh Academy for Rural Development
- Fundamentals of Economics (PPG550, elective)
More information about the courses at North South University can be found here.
In our international Master's programme, you can write a Master's thesis on many subjects and with a varied focus, for example:
- Aid processes and assistance projects
- Conduct a study of political decision-making and implementation in local government
- Study development and participation in political and development processes
- Administrative culture in public administration
- Women's empowerment
- Accountability and transparency
- Poverty alleviation and role of non-governmental organizations
Or any other related topics you are interested in.