Five good reason to take a master in public administration
We have asked the staff at the department why you should study with us, and here we present some of the best reasons!
There are many good reasons to study administration and organization theory, but what are the main reasons? After asking several of the scientific staff at the department, we have arrived at these:
- You will be engaged in current topics and discussions about how politics operate, policies are formed, and about the role of institutions in how policy is affected.
- Gives you an education that opens up exciting career opportunities in both the public and private sector.
- You get the knowledge and tools you need to analyse specific problems in organizations.
- You get a better understanding of political processes, and why policies do not always turn out as planned.
- Gives you the opportunity to immerse yourself in topics that interest you most in politics, the welfare state, and broader society.
We offer a two-year master’s programme in public administration (MPA), as well as various courses taught in English at the bachelor’s level. Our may, excellent students highlight the academic level and social environment as especially good, and you will learn about and focus on a range of subjects.
The competence gained with us is highly sought after in the workplace, and former students work in varied and interesting positions. The department and university is located in Bergen, one of the world’s best cities to study in.