Network Meeting 2019
Welcome to the first meeting of the Nordplus Network in Political Science 9-11th October in Bergen.
Please register for the network meeting in Bergen 9th-11th October. A preliminary program can be found below. We hope that all partners will be able to participate.
We will make reservations at Hotel Norge by Scandic for all participants for 2 nights (Wed-Fri) in single rooms. Hotel Norge is newly renovated and is located in the centre of Bergen. From the airport you can take both the Light Rail Train (endstop "Byparken") and the airport bus (stop "Festplassen") to the city centre, where you will find the hotel just a 2-minutes walk from both stops.
Accommodation, meals and social program will be covered by Nordplus funding. Participants make their own travel arrangements. Please keep all tickets/receipts in case surplus funds can be paid as a travel grant after the meeting.
Registration form can be found in the right side menu.
Please get in touch if you have any inquiries.
Wednesday 09th October
Arrival of participants. Individual meetings.
Evening program: Informal dinner (TBD). Time and place: we will likely meet in the lobby sometime around 19-20, please try to plan your arrival accordingly
Thursday 10th October (Venue: TBD)
0900-0930 Arrival and Coffee
0930-1200 Session 1: Welcome to the University of Bergen
- Welcome with presentation of program and participants
- Political Science in Bergen: presentation of the Department of Administration and Organization Theory and the Department of Comparative Politics
- Presentations from the International Centre, UiB (TBD)
- Networking session
1300- Session 2: Best practice and external input
- Student presentation: UiB Exchange ambassadors program
- Presentation by Diku: Possibilities in the Nordplus programme
- Presentation, best practice example/student mobility topic (TBD)
- Workshop/discussion (TBD)
Afternoon: Guided Tour of Bryggen (OPTIONAL), or own leisure time/other activities.
Friday 11th October (Venue: TBD)
0900-09:30 Arrival and Coffee
0930-1300 Network meeting
- Results from 2019 application
- Status: Network activity and development the last years
- Network discussion: New student mobility framework
- Experiences so far, quota sheet, Teams platform
- Challenges with student mobility in the Nordic countries?
- Information and recruitment: How do we promote at our institutions?
- Network discussion: New activities? Follow up on presentations/workshop from Thursday
- Network discussion: Future organization of the network
- Rotating coordinator responsibility
- Select/elect steering committee
- Policy (and procedures) for potential new members
- 2020 application: activities to apply for
- Decide next meeting location
Wrap up and concluding remarks
1300-1400 Lunch (catering, grab and run or stay for fun)