Arqus for administrative staff
The Arqus Alliance will devote special attention to staff mobility of all kinds, for teaching and for learning, and for training.
The Alliance will facilitate:
- Shared staff development opportunities through the Arqus Academy
- Annual staff development courses for academic and administrative staff on the diverse classroom with expert tutors from different partner universities
- Physical mobility for summer/winter language courses,
- Staff training events for careers guidance officers, student services officers, etc.
- Exchange of best practices in various areas of university management and administration
Arqus will help us prepare for the requirements of an increasingly internationalized Higher Education work environment. Not only foreign language competence is needed, but also cross-cultural competence to deal with international students and fellow staff.
The joint strategy for staff development will aim at enabling any staff member to communicate effectively and appropriately in an international Higher Education environment.