Virtual Company Creation Challenge – call for UiB students
Create a business model (your dream business idea?) and compete in the European final - win a trip to one of our European partners! All students at UiB are welcome to participate. Deadline 21st April.
Create a business model (your dream business idea?) and compete in the European final - win a trip to one of our European partners!
This a competition for early phase business ideas, not already established or registered businesses. Creativity and a solid business model will be evaluated by an international jury, but there is no requirement to establish the business idea as a company as a result of the competition. This is an opportunity for you as a student to learn how to create a business model and to get feedback from a professional jury on your business idea.
Who can participate:
All students at UiB are welcome to participate. It is a big advantage if you work together in a team.
How to participate:
- Create a business model (you can use Sustainable Business Model Canvas (see image) as a starting point).
- Upload your business model here by April 14.
- If your idea is chosen you will get a mentor and will have to make a video pitch by April 20. See video making guidelines and what your video pitch needs to cover further down.
- If you win the European finals, you win a trip to an incubator at one of our partners in the Arqus alliance.
Deadline to submit business idea: April 14, 2021
Deadline to submit video pitch (if you are chosen): April 20, 2021
VIDEO MAKING GUIDELINES – TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- Maximum length of 3mins
- The videos will be posted to Arqus’ YouTube platform
- The ideal minimum quality will be 1080p
- The video should be in English
- Local language or English subtitles can be added
- Please record in landscape mode to avoid black sidebars when uploaded to YouTube
- To each video will be added by the postproduction team in Lyon:
- The video bumper/logo of Arqus
- A standard opening/closing visual (like last year)
CONTENT TO BE COVERED DURING THE VIDEO PITCH
Goal - during the pitch briefly, present your project (based on the business model canvas’s building blocks). Be sure to cover:
- your company’s vision and mission statement
- your team composition and explain what each person brings to the table
- the problem addressed and value proposition
- a first idea of the expected costs and revenue streams