New HUBRO International published
UiB's Division of Communication has published the 2013/2014 issue of HUBRO International.
Research work from a number of BIO researchers is featured in the issue that can be downloaded as a PDF.
BIO highlights include (some of the articles are published as web pages as well):
- page 4: Interview with the new Rector, Dag Rune Olsen
- page 27: Interview with Eric Thompson, "Sea animals become biofuel"
- page 27: "Close encounters with algae" with Mikal Heldal
- page 28: "The secrets of the sea" with Frede Thingstad, Gunnar Bratbak and the Microbial Network Organisation MINOS
- page 32: "Origins of life" with Ingunn Thorseth from the Centre for Geobiology
Other highlights include an article about maritime culture in western Norway, background for a walk through medieval Bergen, information about UiB's owl symbol and a summary with basic facts and figures about the university. The issue is well worth a read!