Join us backstage at the Department of Biology!
Ever wondered what's really going on behind the scenes at the Department of Biology? What exactly are biologists doing when no one is watching? In conjunction with BIO's tenth anniversary, we will arrange a number of activities this semester, and on April 26th, we openup our doors to let everybody see what happening here.
Here at the oin
We at the Department of Biology love what we do and we like to show the public what really goes on behind otherwise closed doors here on Marineholmen.
Schedule comes when it approaches, but these records will be found :
- Lecture by biologist Gunnar Mikalsen Kvifte - "Magnificent penises and boring vaginas" .
- Guided tour of the research boat Hans Brattstrøm
- Guided tour in the sorting lab of Marine Biodiversity; see what Brattstrøm dragged home from his latest cruise! Here you can find everything from crabs to sponges, and maybe even a creature you never even knew existed.
- Sneak - peek at what the aquaculture group is doing currently . Here we set out the relevant animal groups we are working with
- Fiskedisseksjon ; Always fun to get dirty on your hands ! Maybe you'll learn something and ?
- Botany lab; the plant world consists of way more than just dandelions and roses, we also have carnivorous plants, rainbow -colored tulips and reel tracking with hydrophobia. Join our botanist on a safari that includes seasonal chlorophyll-based organisms.
- EECRG : Dig into climate trends , as seen from biologists page
We open the doors around 10 am, and will keep on going until 3:00 p.m.
This day is 100 % free, and open to absolutely anyone who wants to come. No registration required, but note that some of our activities may have limited space, so be sure to show up early
Hope to see you all there!