BBB seminar: Trygve Hausken
Microbiota and fecal microbiota transplantation
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen
In my research group we have currently two centers of excellence:
- National Center for Ultrasound in Gastroenterology, involving both 2D and 3D ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract
- National Center for Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders, involving the brain-gut axis
In the latter, the focus is on microbiota and fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) from a healthy donor to a disease recipient.
This presentation will deal with
- the definition of microbiota and FMT,
- the cross-talk between microbes and brain,
- the involvement of immunology and gastrointestinal hormones,
and the questions:
- In which diseases are FMTs possible?
- How to recruit donors?
- What is a super donor?
Chairperson: Gro Vatne Røsland, Department of Biomedicine