Competitive proposals for ERC Starting and Consolidator Grants
Find out how to apply for an ERC Starting or Consolidator Grant. The ERC wants to support younger researchers to become and stay independent. Our experienced trainers will help you to demystify the ERC and experts from the Research Council of Norway and UiB will also offer you help and guidance.
Are you a young researcher (2-7 years after PhD for StG and 7-12 years for CoG)? Do you have a new and groundbreaking research idea that keeps you awake at night? Will the idea break new grounds in your own and neighbouring disciplines?
Then please join us for a course to find out how to bring your idea to life.
Our trainers from Enspire Science have many years of experience with ERC and a very good success rate of researchers they coached. The national and local ERC experts from the Research Council of Norway and UiB will join to present support from our experts.
Welcome to an interesting day at Hotel Ørnen in the city centre of Bergen.
Participants will obtain a complete understanding of the ERC funding scheme. The workshop is divided into two main sections. First we will lay the foundations of the ERC grant. Then, we focus on conveying to the participants information which cannot be found in the ERC official documentation.
- ERC basics and the evaluation process
- Screening ERC candidates – Who is a competitive applicant and when to say “No”
- What constitutes the required Scientific Excellence?
- The unique nature of ERC: High risk, high gain, non-incremental work
- Hypothesis in ERC – how to do it right
- The methodology chapter
- Review Panel selection
- The panel-application reciprocal effect
- The open-ended nature of ERC
- Project fragmentation in ERC
- Understanding when collaborations in ERC are acceptable
- ERC Synergy grant – addressing its unique characteristics
- The ERC application and technical aspects
- Feeding the reviewer
- Analyzing the evaluation summary report
Research advisers are welcome to join.
If you work at UiB, you can sign up for an individual meeting with the consultants by Skype on a day of your choice after the course and if you are from another institution you can speak to the ERC experts from the Research Council. Please indicate this when you sign up.
The course will be held in English.