ERC STARTING GRANT
- The grant is awarded by the European Research Council (ERC).
- Awarded to researchers of any nationality with 2-7 years of experience since completion of their PhD, with a scientific track record showing great promise and an excellent research proposal.
- The grant is awarded for up to 5 years.
- The grant maximum is €1.5 million.
- The sole evaluation criterion is the scientific excellence of researcher and research proposal.
- The process is two-tier and researchers advancing to the second tier are invited to an interview in Brussels.
- Read more about ERC Starting Grants on the home page.