Members of Advisory Board
The Centre Advisory Board is composed of up to seven members. Two of the members are designated by the principal of the University of Bergen.
The Advisory Board should be composed with due regard to the following selection criteria: institutional affiliation with key collaborating partners; thorough knowledge and understanding of Chinese law and legal culture, or of the Chinese society in general; comprehensive experience from teaching at Chinese universities, or from research cooperation with Chinese scholars; or prolonged working experience from enterprises with operations in China.
Member: Gianmaria Ajani
- Rector, University of Torino (2013-2019)
- Professor of Law (1987-)
- Doctor in Jurisprudence, University of Torino (1979)
- Areas of teaching and research: Comparative legal systems, International law & contracts, and Chinese law
Member: Elisabeth Steiner
- Austrian Judge to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg (2001-2015)
- Doctor of Law (1982) and doctorate in business administration (1985)
- Extensive human rights teaching experience at Chinese universities
Member: Bjørn K. Haugland
- Executive Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer in DNV GL Group
- M.Sc., Norwegian University of Science and Technology (2000)
- More than 20 years of management experience including 6 years of assignments for DNV GL in Asia (Korea and China)
Member: Zhu Yan
- Professor of Law at Renmin University School of Law (2004-)
- PhD, University of Bremen (1999-2003)
- Areas of teaching and research: Civil, commercial and comparative law
Member: Miao Reinlund (picture and more info to come)
- Senior Vice President, Corporate Communications hos TTS Group ASA
More about the advisory board and the Centre in the statutes attached below.