Infection control measures on school exams
The University of Bergen will conduct school examinations as planned this semester as far as possible within guidelines from national and local authorities regarding infection control.
UiB continuously monitors the situation, and will implement new measures if necessary.
If you are ill, stay homeIf you are in quarantine, are ill or have symptoms of a respiratory infection, flu or other infectious diseases, it is important that you stay at home and do not show up at the examination room. You will find a self-certification form without need for documentation to get valid absence from your exam on this web page: Illness and examinations Please contact the Information Centre at your faculty or the study administration on your course to clarify how you get an assessment in the course.
Avoid public transportAvoid public transport on your way to the examination. If you cannot avoid public transport, use a face mask. Keep a minimum of 1 meter away from your fellow students and others outside when you arrive at the examination room. Hand hygiene, cough etiquette, face masks, cleaning and laundry - Advice and information to the general public from The Norwegian Institute of Public Health
Infection control measures in the examination roomWhen you are in the examination room, it is important that you adhere to the current infection control rules:
- Everyone must use alcohol-based hand disinfection upon arrival.
- Wardrobes should not be used. Bring your outerwear, sack/bag and other things to your place and put them in front of your desk.
- Stay at your desk during the exam, except when you need to use the toilet or you need to be taken for a break.
- Keep your distance to fellow students and vigilators.
- Avoid queues and crowds in the examination room.
- You must not sign for attendance as usual, the vigilators will register your attendance during the ID check.
- Submission and registration of answers will take place at your desk. Please call the vigilator when you are ready to submit your exam.
In addition there will be extra cleaning during and between each exam, and for borrowed equipment.