Digital teaching the first weeks after Easter
In line with the government's recommendation, teaching at UiB will be digital for the time until week 15.
The University of Bergen is extending the current measures and there will therefore, with some exceptions, be digital teaching for the time being until week 15.
Practice can still be carried out in line with rules and advice on infection control.
Exceptions to the recommendation on digital teaching
The recommendation for the week after Easter is that the institutions can make exceptions from digital teaching if access to the premises is crucial for students who depend on experiments or skills training that can not be completed digitally, and it is necessary to maintain the progression in the study. The recommendation does not apply to practical studies. Practice can still be carried out in line with rules and advice on infection control. Follow MittUiB for information about what applies to you.
Unstable infection situation in Norway
The infection situation is unstable, and the number of people infected by the mutated virus variants has been rising sharply in several parts of the country. The national rules and recommendations can therefore be changed at short notice. Please check UiB.no/korona and MittUiB for information regarding your study program.
These are the current measures:
- Generally, the exams should be conducted digitally from home for the rest of the semester. Exceptions are made for some courses where physical presence in the exam room is necessary to complete the exam.
- The academic communities are encouraged to update the information about teaching and the current examination form for the rest of the semester in My UiB as soon as possible.
- At courses where a physical exam is planned, a decision on any conversion to a digital exam must be made no later than one month before the exam takes place.
- Otherwise, the UiB campus is open and accessible to staff and students like today. Student workplaces are open - click here for opening hours.
- The scheme with home office applies as today to all employees who do not have to be on campus to be able to perform their work tasks.
- All students and employees who have been traveling at Easter are encouraged to take a corona test when returning to Bergen.
- UiB also recommends that all employees and students install the FHI app for infection tracking.