Fish Diseases - Bacteria, Fungi and Non-Infectious Diseases
- ECTS credits10
- Teaching semesterSpring
- Course codeBIO272
- Number of semesters1
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe various bacterial fish diseases, their etiology, their development, clinical and pathology, and the bacteria that cause them.
- Describe important diseases caused by fungi
- Describe important diseases of crustaceans and molluscs
- Describe common non-infectious diseases
- Describe the various ecological interactions between microorganisms and their hosts (fish, molluscs and crustaceans and plankton organisms )
- Describe what is meant by normal flora, the roles normal flora may have in various aquatic organisms, and what role this may have in an aquaculture context
- Describe what probiotics are and give examples
- Describe what is quourum sensing, and what it means for virulence and therapeutic measures
- Describe and assess the use of antibacterial agents in the treatment of fish diseases
- Describe and assess the use of various types of vaccines
- Perform simple diagnostic tests, and consider differential diagnostic issues
Forms of Assessment
Due to corona situation the exam will be oral spring semester 2020.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Students will evaluate the course in accordance with the quality assurance system at UiB and the Department. You can find courseevaluations in the Quality Assurance Reports.
Type of assessment: Oral eexamination
- Withdrawal deadline
- Additional information
- jf koronavirus situasjonen vert eksamen gjennomført som digital munnleg eksamen -heime våren 2020.
- Examination system
- Digital exam