Cellular Biochemistry and Nanobiochemistry
- ECTS credits10
- Teaching semesterAutumn
- Course codeBMED325
- Number of semesters1
Objectives and Content
The course should give the student a theoretical overview of methods and technology frequently applied in biomedical nanotechnology, and hands-on experience of a few selected methods. The course should also give the students knowledge and experience on how to perform literature searches, and provide training in oral and written presentation as well as scientific reasoning.
Upon completion of the course, the student should:
- Be familiar with frequently used methods and technology in biomedical nanotechnology.
- Be able to plan and conduct basic experiments, and to interpret and evaluate the results.
- Be able to search and validate relevant scientific literature.
- Demonstrate, to some degree, the ability to express him/herself in a scientific manner, both in writing and orally.
- Be able to soundly criticize own and others' results.
- Demonstrate scientific thinking to a certain level.
Access to the Course
Master's Programme in Nanoscience
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
The course extends for a period of 7-8 weeks.
The course begins with 4 weeks of lectures (between 6-16 hours/week), and continues with experimental laboratory work under supervision.
Forms of Assessment
Pass / Fail
Written evaluation using electronic/digital evaluation tool.
Type of assessment: Semester thesis
- Submission deadline
- 25.11.2022, 23:59
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam