Place of Instruction
Objectives and Content
This course will together with FARM290 give an overview of pharmacology
- The course will introduce a large number of drugs and their mechanism of action, use, effects, side-effects and interactions.
- The course will make the students able to explain and advice on pharmacological therapy.
- The course will train the students in the ability to critically evaluate drug information and literature connected to pharmacology.
After completing this course, the students are:
- Able to describe the different classes of drugs, including their characteristics, and use.
- Able to explain the principles behind the therapy of the most common diseases.
- Able to describe the use and mechanism of action for drugs acting on major organ systems in the body.
Recommended Previous Knowledge
Access to the Course
Students must have admission to Integrated Master programme in Pharmacy
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
- Mandatory attandance on 2 of 3 casus presentations
- Approved casus rapport. This is a requirement for taking the final exam
Forms of Assessment
Take home exam, 7 days
All support materials allowed
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 (corona virus) the scale of pass/fail will be utilized in the spring semester of 2020.
The students evaluate the teaching according to the Quality Assurance System at the University of Bergen
Type of assessment: Take-home examination
- Assignment handed out
- 18.05.2022, 09:00
- Submission deadline
- 25.05.2022, 12:00
- Examination system
- Digital exam