Field and Laboratory Course in Quarternary Geology
Objectives and Content
The aim of the course is that the students should be better prepared to meet the practical challenges associated with a field and/or laboratory based master project in Quaternary geology and palaeoclimate. The course gives an introduction to:
1) techniques applied in fieldwork in Quaternary geology (geophysical methods and core sampling),
2) techniques that are used for analysing sample material, and
3) data treatment (graphical representation of data, geophysical interpretation of data).
On completion of the course GEOV226 the student should be able to:
1) use techniques applied in fieldwork in Quaternary geology,
2) use techniques that are used for analysing sample material,
3) interpret geophysical data collected in the field,
4) present data graphically, and
5) plan and carry out his/her own fieldwork.
Required Previous Knowledge
Basic knowledge in geology, geophysics, structural geology, quaternary geology, sedimentology and field training.
Student counsellor Department of Earth Science, email: email@example.com