Language of instruction
Aim: Update in immunology
Content: Seminars by guest scientists and progress reports by PhD fellows and postdocs. Participation is mandatory for PhD fellows and postdocs associated with Bergen Research School in Inflammation (BRSI). Progress report at least once per semester.
Upon completing the course, the participants are
- -updated in immunology
- familiar with ongoing projects of PhD fellows and senior researchers associated with BRSI
- familiar with methods used in immunology including their strengths and weaknesses
- Upon completing the course, the participants have improved their ability to present scientific data
Upon completing the course, the participants are able to
- critically evaluate their own and others¿ scientific results
- come up with new scientific questions
- decide how to approach a scientific problem
Spring and autumn.
3.p. Requires participation over two semester.
Qualified to be a PhD candidate in medicine or health related research
Recommended previous knowledge
No special requirements.
Part of training component
PhD. You may also apply to have this course approved as part of your master training components.
- Actively participate in the seminars in two semesters (attendance is recorded)
- give an oral presentation based on his/her own research once per semester
Form of assessment
The course will use the following forms of assessment:
Assessment of the presentation will be given by the course coordinator
Passed / Failed
Who may participate
PhD candidates, post.docs and students at the Medical Student Research Programme as well as master students
- Preparation for own presentation (2 x 24 hours)
- Participation in the seminars (2 x 15-20 hours).
Course responsible: Silke Appel. Phone: 55974633,
Bergen Research School in Inflammation, Broegelmann Research Laboratory, Department of clinical science
Scientists at the Department of clinical science
To be announced.
Department of clinical science, UoB, Laboratory building 5th floor, Haukeland University Hospital.
Type of assessment: Lecture
- Withdrawal deadline