Every second autumn - odd-numbered years
Objectives and Content
The course studies complex integration, conformal maps, harmonic and subharmonic functions, Dirichlets problem, series and product expansions, elliptic functions, and analytical continuation.
After successful completion of the course the student will be able to
- Identify curves and regions in the complex plane defined by simple expressions.
- Describe basic properties of complex integration and having the ability to compute such integrals.
- Decide when and where a given function is analytic and be able to find it series developement.
- Describe conformal mappings between various plane regions.
- Present the central ideas in the solution of Dirichlets problem.
- Give the main ideas in the proof of the Riemann mapping theorem.
Required Previous Knowledge
Forms of Assessment
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.