Objectives and Content
The course includes equations for one- and multiphase flow in porous media with emphasis on qualitative and quantitative properties for models studied.
After completed course, the students are expected to be able to
- describe notions like porosity, permeability or saturation
- describe miscible and immiscible flow in porous media
- describe what means harmonic average of permeability
- describe the principle of capillarity pressure and relative permeability
- give a complete model for a two-phase flow
- analyze the Riemann's problem and the Buckley Leverett solution.
Required Previous Knowledge
Forms of Assessment
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Type of assessment: Oral examination
- Withdrawal deadline