Project Work II
- ECTS credits15
- Teaching semesterSpring
- Course codeMUV302
- Number of semesters1
- LanguageNorwegian and/or English.
Level of Study
Place of Instruction
Objectives and Content
The course unit is intended as supporting studies to the student's performance/creative work, by increasing his/her ability to reflect upon musical issues. Different topical questions will be raised depending on the student group. These might include interpretation, performance practice, the understanding of different musical styles, musical analysis, composition and aesthetics. Critical reflection skills and oral and written expressions concerning relevant issues will be emphasized.
The student should be able to
- express and communicate relevant musical issues related to performance or composition
- become familiar with and discuss different artistic discourses within performance or composition
- find and critically assess relevant source material (literature, scores, recordings etc.) in the performing or creative work
- be aware of and justify his/her own artistic choices
Required Previous Knowledge
Access to the Course
Master's Programme in Music Performance or Composition.
Teaching and learning methods
Tuition is given in the form of group sessions and individual tutorials throughout the semester. Performers and composers will be given separate tuition. The group sessions will include taught lectures, group discussion, student presentations, master classes, seminars or performance/composition related group projects.
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
- All tuition is compulsory. The student will normally lose the right to take the final course unit exam if he/she has an absence exceeding 20%.
- Approval of essay/presentation subjects
- Tutorials regarding essay/ presentation
Approved compulsory requirements are valid for two semesters after the ordinarily scheduled exam semester.
Forms of Assessment
Presentation or digitally presented essay, where it is possible to use sound recording, video or own performance as demonstration or documentation, together with verbal (written or oral) presentation.
Presentation of approx. 30 min.
The topic for the essay or presentation must be related to key issues within the performing or creative work and may also be an initiating project for the MUV351 course unit project. The topic must be approved by the course unit supervisor.
Internal assessment by at least two internal lecturers, of whom one normally is course unit supervisor or supervisor for MUV351.
Pass or fail
A selection of texts (chapter from book, articles etc.) each semester.
Course EvaluationProgramme evaluation is conducted in accordance with the University of Bergen Programme for evaluation and quality assurance.
Programme CommitteeThe programme board is responsible for the academic content, development and quality of the programme.
Course AdministratorFaculty of Fine Art, Music and Design has the administrative responsibilities for the Programme.
Tlf 55 58 69 50
Type of assessment: Semester paper
- Submission deadline
- 08.05.2023, 13:00
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam
Type of assessment: Lecture
- 08.05.2023, 09:00
- Withdrawal deadline
- Griegakademiet, Prøvesalen