Level of Study
Autumn and spring
Objectives and Content
Through the work on their master thesis, the students will gain knowledge and experience of different scientific methods and work methods. The students will produce an independent piece of work that shows understanding, reflexion and maturity. The students shall be capable of planning and conducting a scientific experiment, and evaluating their own results as well as relevant literature. The amount of work is equivalent to one year.
At the end of the course, the students are expected to have:
- capable of explaining and using different scientific methods and work methods
- demonstrate theoretical and practical specialised knowledge within the area covered by the thesis
- capable of carrying out an independent project that shows understanding, reflexion and maturity
- capable of planning and conducting a scientific experiment
- capable of conducting a search and critical evaluation of relevant scientific literature
- capable of critically evaluating both own results and relevant literature
- capable of communicating own research results in a scientific way, both orally and in writing
Required Previous Knowledge
All compulsory and elective courses in the master's programme (60 ECTS) must be completed before submission of the thesis
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
A written contract between the student, supervisor and the department. Teaching and supervision will be both theoretical and practical.
Forms of Assessment
Submission of a thesis (about 70 pages). The deadline is 15 May. Oral and written presentation of the thesis.
There will be a written evaluation at the end of the course.
firstname.lastname@example.org/ +47 55 58 54 44 / 55 58 25 35
Type of assessment: Master's Thesis
- Withdrawal deadline
Exam part: Masteroppgave
Exam part: Adjusting oral examination