- ECTS credits10
- Teaching semesterSpring
- Course codeNUTR115
- Number of semesters1
- LanguageNorwegian and English
Objectives and Content
The course is an introcuction to nutritional biochemistry. The students will learn how nutrients effect biochemical processes and signal transduction pathways, and how this can lead to development og nutrinially related diseases. The laboratory course will give insight in biochemical methods and analyses used in nutritional research.
After finishing the course, the students will have the following learning outcomes, defined as knowledge, skills and general competence:
- Capable of describing biochemical pathways relevant in nutrient metabolism.
- Capable of describing biochemical techniques that are relevant for the investigation of the nutrient metabolism.
- Capable of using selected biochemical techniques relevant in nutritional biochemical research
- Critical reading of scientific articles in nutritional biochemistry
- Capable of discussing research questions relevant to nutritional biochemistry
- The ability to ask critical questions and discuss nutritional biochemical research with other students.
Access to the Course
Admission to bachelor programme in human nutrition.
email@example.com/ +47 55 97 43 70 / 55 58 25 35
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam.
Type of assessment: Written examination (New exam)
- 16.09.2022, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), SOL 2. etg.