Objectives and Content
The aim of the course is that the student should be competent to define the fundamental physiological terms and be able to explain coordinated body functions. The student should also be able to explain how equilibrium in the body is maintained given a perturbation in a physiological system.
After completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Define the fundamental physiological terms.
- Explain the mechanisms for regulation of the different body functions.
- Explain how regulatory mechanisms can recover equilibrium and function when the equilibrium/function is disturbed in a physiological system.
- Understand the physiological background for clinical problems.
- Understand and be able to use simple instruments to measure physiological parameters.
Access to the Course
Bachelor programme in human nutrition
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
Lectures (approx. 80 hours), laboratory courses in selected topics.
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Laboratory course with approved journals.
Forms of Assessment
4 hour written exam
Written evaluation using electronic/digital evaluation tool.
Marion Kusche-Gullberg, http://www.uib.no/persons/Marion.Kusche
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam. Autumn 2020 written exams will be arranged either at home or on campus. Please see course information on MittUiB.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 30.11.2020, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam