Objectives and Content
Basic subjects/topics in Cariology, Biomaterials and subjects/topics associated with different types of direct restorations are taught.
KnowledgeStudents will be able to explain:
- the principles and methods for direct restorations
- hand instruments and rotating instruments
- the effects of different preparation instruments on dental hard tissues
- how to handle the dental materials which were used in the course
- basic topics in Cariology?
- characteristics of the current filling materials for direct restauration
- the basic principles of cavity preparation, plastic filling materials and their application
SkillsStudents will be able to:
- assess the indications for various types of direct restorations
- handle the materials in direct restorations affiliations
- the manual skills that are necessary to start clinical practice in Cariology
Through skills training, the students should have a conscious attitude towards technical quality.
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
The teaching plan includes lectures, seminars, demonstrations and work on models. Preclinical education/training is mandatory.During the preclinical course in cariology (Block Part 1) a theoretical test will be held.
Forms of Assessment
The practical presentations are continuously assessed and summarized in the end. A written examination and practical clinical work must be approved before the student can start treating patients in Cariology in the clinic.
Written evaluation on My Space/Mi side.
Department of clinical dentistry