Objectives and Content
The aim of the course is for the student to obtain knowledge of the functioning of the human body under normal conditions and to be able to explain how the equilibrium and regulatory mechanisms works. Good knowledge of physiology is an important fundament for pathological and clinical knowledge, and also for clinical reasoning.
After completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Define the fundamental physiological terms.
- Explain the mechanisms for regulation of the different body functions.
- Explain how regulatory mechanisms can recover equilibrium and function when the equilibrium/function is disturbed in a physiological system.
- Understand the physiological background for clinical problems.
- Understand and be able to use simple instruments to measure physiological parameters.
Access to the Course
Master of Dentristry
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
Lectures (approx. 80 hours), laboratory courses in selected topics.
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Laboratory course with approved journals.
Forms of Assessment
4 hour written exam.
Written evaluation using electronic/digital evaluation tool.
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 06.12.2021, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), SOL 3. etg.