Objectives and Content
The course gives an introduction to kinematics and dynamics, energy and fields with special emphasis on gravitational fields, interaction between objects, rigid bodies, rotation, statics, elasticity theory and fluid mechanics. The course aims at giving the students a thorough understanding of the basic laws of mechanics, and help the students understanding how to apply these principles when solving problems. In the laboratory simple experiments will be undertaken to elucidate central parts of the curriculum.
After completing PHYS111 the students are expected to be able to:
- explain central principles, laws and models of kinematics, dynamics, statics, elasticity and fluid mechanics.
- use fundamental laws and principles to solve problems in the fields of kinematics, dynamics, statics, elasticity and fluid mechanics.
- draw freebody diagrams and figures illuminating and systemizing the problems.
- compile the laboratory work in a written report.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 13.09.2021, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), Eksamenslokale 2. etg.