Objectives and Content
Give general knowledge and skills in electromagnetism on a master-degree level.
The course contain subjects like: electric and magnetic fields and potentials; Maxwell¿s equations; conservation laws; electromagnetic radiation in different materials; relativistic electrodynamics; and mathematical techniques used to solve electromagnetic problems.
On completion of the course
the student should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
After completing the course, students should have
- General knowledge in electromagnetism on a master-student level.
After completing the course, students should be able to
- Explain different electromagnetic concepts and laws.
- Solve mathematical problems in all electromagnetic disciplines covered by the course.
Required Previous Knowledge
Basic knowledge of minimum 60 ECTS in physics.
Forms of AssessmentThe forms of assessment are:
- Written examination (4 hours), 100% of total grade.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam. The exam location will be published 14 days prior to the exam. Candidates must check their room allocation on Studentweb 3 days prior to the exam.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 04.12.2018, 09:00
- 4 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), Eksamenslokale 3. etg.