Spring. The course will not run spring 2019.
This is a course with limited capacity and master/PhD students will be given priority. More information: http://www.uib.no/matnat/utdanning/studiehverdag/undervisningsopptaket
Objectives and Content
We examine two or more fields from the NCS and study different recovery techniques. Cores, well logs and fluid properties are studied and simple calculations of recovery are performed. Short introduction to chemical and polymer flooding are given.
After the course PTEK313 the student will be able to:
- Give a short geological reservoir description of a given field
- Describe various recovery techniques
- Model a reservoir segment using the software tool SWORD
- be able to use a pvt-report
- use pvt-data and fit an equation of state
- calculate recovery based on fluid ekspansion and production data
Recommended Previous Knowledge
Compulsory Assignments and Attendance
Project reports. The reports are valid for 3 semesters.
Forms of Assessment
Evaluation of two written reports and an oral presentation.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
Type of assessment: Portfolio assesment
- Withdrawal deadline