Education for gifted and talented children
On completion of the course, students should have the following learning outcomes defined as knowledge, skills, and general competence:
- Has knowledge about, and can critically reflect upon gifted education in an international and national context
- Has insight into and understanding of relevant theories on giftedness
- Has knowledge about, and can critically reflect upon different methods of facilitation for gifted children
- Can describe and outline what characterizes gifted children
- Can discuss various theories regarding giftedness and how they differentiate from each other
- Can describe different methods for facilitation and discuss their usefulness
- Can discuss how different methods of facilitation can be implemented in school.
- Can critically reflect on questions regarding professional, ethical and educational policy, regarding gifted children, both on an individual and systemic level.
- Can convey and discuss different research questions andidentify dilemmas regarding giftedness and gifted children in an international or national context.