Every second spring - even-numbered years.
Objectives and Content
The course gives an introduction in classical interest rate theory and basic mortality statistics. Calculation of net premiums and premium reserves are treated for various insurance covers for one or several lives. The problem of adding expenses and returning bonus is also covered.
After completed course, the students are expected to be able to:
- Know the elementary interest rate theory. Be able to calculate with the different types of loan: fixed loan, series loan and annuities.
- Know mortality theory: the hazard function, remaining life length and standard expected life distributions, and select mortality.
- Insurance of a single life and multiple-life insurance: pure endowment, term insurance and endowment insurance. Calculating premiums using the equivalence principle.
- Calculate the different categories of expenses associated with the insurance.
- Deduce Thiele's differential equations for different types of life insurance.
- Calculate safety loadings and different kinds of bonus schemes.
Required Previous Knowledge
Recommended Previous Knowledge
STAT220 Stochastic Processes
Forms of Assessment
Written examination: 5 hours
Examination support materials: Non- programmable calculator, according to model listed in faculty regulations
Examination only once a year.
The grading scale used is A to F. Grade A is the highest passing grade in the grading scale, grade F is a fail.
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam. The exam location will be published 14 days prior to the exam.
Type of assessment: Written examination
- 29.05.2018, 09:00
- 5 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Studentsenteret, Sal 1