Academic writing: How to write scientific articles in educational research
Language of instruction
Academic writing: How to write scientific articles within educational research:
- Introducing different types of scientific articles within educational research
- Different educational research designs and scientific articles
- IMRAD and other standards of educational scientific articles
- Journal profile when submitting educational scientific articles
- Editorial guidelines of writing scientific articles within educational research
- What kind of quality criteria for assessment are used among reviewers in educational journals
- Transparency, stringency and coherence in scientific articles
- Theoretical framework, Literature review and presentation of findings in scientific articles
1 or 3 ECTS Credits
Form of assessment
The assessment criteria at the Faculty of Psychology will be used.
1 ECTS: 80 % attendance during lectures
Pass or fail
3 ECTS: Pass included 80 % attendance during lectures and approval of academic paper (2500-3000 words) where the Phd candidate demonstrates how he or she can perform a scientific article in his or her own project. The paper will be assessed (approved/revise and resubmit) by the course coordinator or instructor. The workload for the paper is estimated to be 2 weeks. The Phd-candidate should set aside enough time for work with the prescribed course texts and the paper before the set submission deadline.
Who may participate
The course is open for students at Ph.D.-level.
Supplementary course information
Teaching will be organized as lectures and cases at the University of Bergen. In addition, the course will have digital elements integrated in the course design (e.g. ¿flipped classroom¿).
The Phd-candidates¿ project descriptions will form the basis for further discussion regarding scientific articles in light of project foci and research questions. The Phd-candidates will become aware of the role of scientific articles have in their own PhD-projects.
Det psykologiske fakultet, UiB
Universitetet i Bergen