Studentweb is the students’ online registration service. All students must register on Studentweb at the beginning of each semester and this is also where you sign up for classes and exams.
|When:||Deadline 1 September/ 1 February. For exceptions, see below.|
|What you need:||Your UiB registration numbers|
Important deadlines for course registration
|Norwegian Language Courses: NOR-U2, NOR-U3 and NOR-U4||1 February|
|Some courses in Mathematics and Natural Sciences||9 January|
|Norwegian Language Courses: NOR-U1, NOR-U1/2 and NOR-INTRO||1 February|
|Final registration deadline||1 February|
We recommend that you register as early as possible to secure a place in your courses.
If you have second thoughts about a course
If you register for a course at Studentweb, but find that you need to withdraw for any reason, it is possible to withdraw from the course up to two weeks before the exam date.
How to register for the semester
Log in at Studentweb
- The first time you log in, you must choose Norwegian ID number and PIN (not Feide!) at the login page.
- Choose Send new PIN to your email and enter your UiB registration number:
- The UiB registration number consists of 11 digits and is normally divided by a white space (6 + 5) when communicated to our students. When you use the number, you must make sure that you use it as an 11 digit number with no white space dividing it.
- Your PIN is used to log in at Studentweb, open a user account, and as the access code with your student card.
- Log in with your UiB registration number and PIN.
When you have opened a UiB user account, you can also choose to log in with your username (format xxx000) and personal password instead (using Feide).
Register for the semester and sign up for courses
Click on the green button Start registration.
- Rights and obligations: You must confirm that you are aware of the rules and regulations that apply to students at UiB.
- Education plan: An overview of what you will study as part of your study period/programme at UiB. This is also where you sign up for your courses.
- Status and overview: Check that you have signed up for both classes and exams in the courses you will take.
- Profile: Update your profile, including your semester address and emergency contact person.
- Confirmation: A confirmation will appear, and that means you have completed your semester registration.
Semester address (your address in Norway)
Make sure that you provide your correct postal address in Norway when you update your profile.
- Still at home: Use the international address format and write your home address. Remember to update your semester address when you arrive in Bergen.
- Arrived in Bergen: Use the Norwegian address format and register your postal address.
If you live at Fantoft Student Hostel your correct postal address is:
Fantoft Student Hostel
P.O. Box [no.]
Course registration for exchange students
Course schedules and exam dates
Before you sign up for courses, check the course schedules and exam dates to make sure that the classes and exams for your courses do not overlap.
You will find the course schedules (under Resources) and exam dates in the individual course descriptions of each course in the course list. From December on, you must choose Spring 2020 under Select semester.
Course changes via the education plan at Studentweb
You can add and remove courses from your education plan at Studentweb, either by yourself or with the assistance from UiB staff.
- Open courses: You can add these to your education plan yourself.
- Restricted courses: Contact the relevant faculty in one of the following ways:
After you have completed the semester registration
After you have completed the semester registration at Studentweb, the green button will be deactivated. You can still make changes to your education plan, sign up for or delete courses, change classes, update your profile and more, within the given deadlines.
Navigate at Studentweb using the top menu
When logged in, use the menu at the top of the page to navigate. To see and edit your education plan (sign up for classes and exams), choose Studies in the top menu and your programme.
Contact the relevant faculty by email
|Courses at the Faculty of|
|Fine Art, Music and Design||Regular students: email@example.com|
Exchange students: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Humanities||All students: email@example.com|
|Law||All students: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mathematics and Natural Sciences||All students: email@example.com|
|Medicine||All students: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Psychology||Regular students: email@example.com|
Exchange students: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Social Sciences||All students: email@example.com|
Attend the Welcome Programme
We recommend that you attend your faculty's information meeting during the Welcome Programme if you can. Useful information about courses and registrations will be provided there.
Visit the Student Information Centre at your faculty
Services provided at Studentweb
Start of the semester
- from week 25 to 1 September (autumn semester)
- from week 50 to 1 February (spring semester)
- Register for the semester
- Find the semester fee payment information (if applicable)
- Register for classes and exams
- Register your semester address
- Register your emergency contact person