Short-term Psychology Programme
The Short-term Psychology Programme runs for approximately 5 weeks starting in January every year.
The Short-term Psychology Programme
This programme runs over a period of approximately 5 weeks starting early January every year and is offered to psychology students at some of our partner institutions:
- Macquarie University
- Monash University
- University of Sydney
- University of Queensland
- RMIT University
Courses offered in 2018
- PSYK302G Culture and Psychopathology; Mental Health in a Cross-Cultural Perspective
- PSYCH303 Medical Health Psychology
- PSYCH310A Culture, Positive Development and Health
You will find detailed course schedules for the spring semester 2018 in the course descriptions from 1 December 2017.
Teaching and Exams
Lectures and seminars will finish by the end of January.
The home exams must be handed in online during the first two weeks of February and there will be an individual deadline for each course. We recommend that you are present at UiB during this period, but it's not mandatory.
Regardless of the date the courses start, we recommend all students to participate in the Welcome Programme for new international students from 4 January.
Application Procedures to UiB
Students must follow the regular application procedures for exchange students for the spring semester with the application deadline 15 October.
- Transcript of records from your home university
- Passport or national ID card
You do not have to upload documentation of funds when you are staying in Norway for less than 90 days.
Student Housing - Short-term rent
As a student at the Short-term Psychology Programme, you can apply for student housing from the Student Welfare Organisation (Sammen). You must apply according to the instructions below.
Conditions for short-term rent
- You will be allocated a room according to availability.
- Payment: You do not have to pay a deposit, but the rent must be paid before arrival (via Sammen's My Page).
- Cancellation: If you cancel less than 48 hours before the start of the lease, you will have to pay 50% of the amount charged. If you fail to arrive, you will be charged the whole amount.
Prices at Fantoft student hostel January/February 2018:
- 3 weeks (21d) NOK 4725
- 4 weeks (28d) NOK 5600
- 6 weeks (42d) NOK 7350
- 8 weeks (56d) NOK 8400
The prices do not include bedlinen.
- Apply for student housing in the period 15 October - 15 November at Sammen's website.
- Choose the option for short-term rent: I want to stay less than 56 days.
- Do not use a reservation code when applying for student housing.
- Be sure to double check that you have entered the correct dates for when you wish to stay at the student hostel.
- You will be allocated rooms in the period around 1 December, so be sure to check your email in this period.
Check in at Sammen
Note that Sammen's Information desk where you check in and pick up your key, is closed over Christmas from 23 December to 1 January. We therefore recommend that you plan to collect your key from Sammen from 2 January onwards. Sammen has extended opening hours 2-4 January, from 8 am to 8 pm.