You have finished your application at Søknadsweb, so what's next?
Prepare yourself for the next steps
We expect that you familiarise yourself with the information at this webpage after completing your application. This will ensure that you are always prepared for what comes next.
Admission process to UiB
Admission and Letter of Acceptance
Your application is processed in cooperation with the faculties and departments. As soon as we know whether we can offer you admission, we will publish your Letter of Acceptance.
Letter of Acceptance
- The Letters of Acceptance are published at Søknadsweb.
- They are published continuously as soon as we know that we can offer you admission.
- You will be notified by email when your letter has been published.
- The sooner you complete your application, the earlier you will receive your Letter of Acceptance.
- The last Letters of Acceptance will be published by the end of November.
The status of your application will be set to Under consideration at Søknadsweb until we have finished the processing completely and we can publish the courses you will get admission to.
We may not know which courses we can offer you when we publish your Letter of Acceptance, but this will be published at Søknadsweb as soon as it is ready.
Accept the offer of admission and check your courses
We will make every effort to admit you to the courses you have selected, but admission to restricted courses will depend on
- Your academic background
- The number of places available in each course
- The exchange agreement you have been nominated on
- The timetables of all your courses combined
Accept the offer of admission
When we know which courses we can offer you, we will publish them at Søknadsweb.
- You will see the faculty you will belong to at UiB and the courses you have been admitted to.
- If you have applied for a course and it is no longer listed at Søknadsweb, it means that we cannot offer you admission to that course.
- You will be asked to accept (or decline) the offer of admission and courses at Søknadsweb.
- You can safely accept the offer even if you want to make changes to your courses later.
Need to change courses?
Discuss changes with your home university: How flexible can you be when you choose other courses, and which courses can be approved by your home university.
Make changes from 13 December: From 13 December you can make changes to the courses you have chosen if needed (see Register and sign up for courses below).
Register and sign up for courses
Access and register at Studentweb
On 13 December you will get access to Studentweb, the online registration service for students.
Register and sign up
You must register at Studentweb each semester, and sign up for classes and exams for the courses you will take.
Course schedules and exam dates: Before you sign up for courses, you should check the course schedules and exam dates to make sure that the classes and exams for your courses do not overlap. These are published on 1 December (spring courses) and 1 June (autumn courses).
After you have applied to UiB, you should
- Apply for student housing from 15 September to 15 October (except students at the Maritime Bergen Law Summer Programme)
- Apply for a study permit before: TBA
- Organise insurance before you leave home
- Plan your arrival in Bergen before you arrive
- Get your Online Learning Agreement signed (Erasmus+ students only)