You have finished your application at Søknadsweb, so what's next?
Prepare yourself for the next steps
We expect that you familiarise yourself with the information at this webpage after completing your application. This will ensure that you are always prepared for what comes next.
Admission process to UiB
Admission and Letter of Acceptance
Once your application has been received and providing it is complete, it will be processed and assessed by the relevant faculty and department at UIB.
We aim to make a decision regarding admission soon after receiving the completed applications.
Letter of Acceptance
- The Letters of Acceptance will be published at Søknadsweb by 5 June.
- You will be notified by email when your letter has been published.
The status of your application will be set to Under consideration at Søknadsweb until we have finished the assessment process and you are requested to accept the offer of admission.
Accept the offer of admission
After the assessment process is completed, you will be requested to accept/decline the offer of admission given by UiB.
- Notification of admission will be given by email.
- Confirmation of acceptance/decline must be done in Søknadsweb by 10 June.
- You can safely accept the offer even if you do not know if you will be able to travel to Norway due to the covid-19 outbreak.
- You can safely accept the offer without knowing in detail which courses you will be taking at UiB.
Courses with restricted admission:
- If you have applied and are granted admission to restricted courses, you will find them listed in the Søknadsweb.
- Restricted courses will be removed from Søknadsweb, If admission is not granted.
Make changes in your education plan: When you get access to our online registration system for students, you can sign up for courses and make changes to the courses you have already been accepted to if needed (see Register and sign up for courses below).
On 25 June you will get access to our online registration services for students (Studentweb), where you can sign up for courses and make changes to the courses you have already been accepted to if needed (see Register and sign up for courses below).
Register and sign up for courses
Access and register at Studentweb
On 25 June you will get access to Studentweb (UIB's online registration service).
Register and sign up
Students must register at Studentweb and sign up for courses, lectures and exams every semester.
Course schedules and exam dates: Before you sign up for courses, you should check the course schedules and exam dates to make sure that the classes and exams for your courses do not overlap. These are published on 1 June (autumn courses) and 1 December (spring courses).
Final deadline for signing up for courses is 1 September/ 1 February.
After you have applied to UiB, you should
- Apply for student housing from 1 April to 15 May
- Apply for a study permit before June (applies only for students from countries outside the EU/EFTA area).
- Organise insurance before you leave home
- Plan your arrival in Bergen before you arrive
- Get your Online Learning Agreement signed (Erasmus+ students only)