You have finished your application at Søknadsweb, so what's next?
Prepare yourself for the next steps
We expect that you familiarise yourself with the information at this webpage after completing your application. This will ensure that you are always prepared for what comes next.
Admission process to UiB
Admission and Letter of Acceptance
Your application is processed in cooperation with the faculties and departments. As soon as we know whether we can offer you admission, we will publish your Letter of Acceptance.
Letter of Acceptance
- The Letters of Acceptance are published at Søknadsweb.
- Your Letter of Acceptance will be published by 30 November.
- You will be notified by email when your letter has been published.
- The sooner you complete your application, the earlier we will be able to process it.
The status of your application will be set to Under consideration at Søknadsweb until we have finished the processing completely and ask you to accept your offer.
Accept the offer of admission
When we have finished processing your application, we will ask you to accept/decline your offer of admission in Søknadsweb.
- You will be notified by email.
- If you have applied for restricted courses, you will see which courses you have been admitted to.
- If we have removed any of the restricted courses that you applied for, it means that we cannot offer you admission to that specific course.
- The deadline for accepting the offer of admission in Søknadsweb is 5 December.
- You can safely accept the offer even if you do not know if you will be able to travel to Norway due to the covid-19 outbreak.
- You can safely accept the offer without knowing in detail which courses you will be taking at UiB.
Make changes in your education plan: When you get access to our online registration system for students, you can sign up for courses and make changes to the courses you have already been accepted to if needed (see Register and sign up for courses below).
On 18 December you will get access to our online registration service for students where you can sign up for courses and make changes to the courses you have already been accepted to if needed (see Register and sign up for courses below).
Register and sign up for courses
Access and register at Studentweb
On 18 December you will get access to Studentweb (UIB's online registration service).
Register and sign up
Students must register at Studentweb and sign up for courses, lectures and exams every semester.
Course schedules and exam dates: Before you sign up for courses, you should check the course schedules and exam dates to make sure that the classes and exams for your courses do not overlap. These are published on 1 December (spring courses) and 1 June (autumn courses).
Final deadline for signing up for courses is 1 February/1 September.
After you have applied to UiB, you should
- Apply for student housing from 1 October to 1 November
- Apply for a study permit before December (applies only for students from countries outside the EU/EFTA area).
- Organise insurance before you leave home
- Plan your arrival in Bergen before you arrive
- Get your Online Learning Agreement signed (Erasmus+ students only)