study permit

EU/EFTA citizens

EU/EFTA citizens do not need to apply for a study permit, but UDI requires you to register online and hand in required documentation to the local police in Bergen*.

Main content

1. Bring documentation from home

2. Register online after arrival in Bergen

UDI requires you to register online as soon as possible after you have arrived in Bergen and received your Norwegian address.

3. Visit the local police in Bergen

You must then meet in person at the nearest police station with the required documentation. This meeting will be organised by UiB in cooperation with the local police and you will receive all the necessary information about this visit when you arrive at UiB.

*This also applies to students that are British citizens as Norway and the United Kingdom signed a transition period agreement, that is valid until the 31 December 2020. For more information: UDI.NO