The Estate and Facilities Management division is responsible for management, operation and maintenance of all the UiB buildings. The department is also responsible for planning and implementing new building projects, operation of the buildings, outside areas and post and transport services.
- Plans, maintenance of buildings and outside areas, including operation, maintenance and renewal of technical installations in order to generate the best possible working environment, (telecommunications, data and AV equipment are the responsibility of the IT department.)
- All the buildings are divided into 4 geographical operational areas. Operational areas 1-3 are located at Nygårdshøyden and area 4 at the Årstadvollen/Haukeland area. The operational areas are managed by a property manager who reports to the Section Manager Operations. In each of the operational areas there is a maintenance manager and an operational manager reporting to the property manager.
- Operation and follow up of internal cleaners and external cleaning service deliveries in the buildings of UiB.
- Handling of internal and external post
- Removal assignments at UiB, including small material assignments such as installation of shelving etc.
- Operation and maintenance of the outside areas of UiB.
- Responsible for fire and safety work at UiB.
- Responsible for access checks of buildings and access cards for employees and students.
- Technical coordinator when Statsbygg is the owner/project manager.
- Planning and management of area and property management in accordance with the management decisions adopted by the University Board or the University Director.
- User contact for larger rebuilding and maintenance projects, as well as removal processes.
- Plans and has project administrative responsibility when modernising, rebuilding, renovating and improving the buildings, outside areas and technical installations, more closely defined maintenance of buildings.
- Planning the interior, furniture and larger equipment purchases for UiB’s buildings and leased premises.
- Participates in projects where Statsbygg is the builder / administrator
Professional support & Staff
- Maintenance, development and updates of O&M (Management, operation, & maintenance system LYDIA)
- Drawing database (LYDIA) - technical drawing, development BIM / 3D
- Maintenance - condition mapping, maintenance planning, follow-up, support to the operating areas, some project implementation
- ENØK engineer - initiates and coordinates ENØK measures at the department and UiB, operations / project guidance, reporting
- Environmental coordinator at the department
- Cultural Heritage - management plans for protected / protected buildings, shelters and protection in measures, support for project managers
- Coordination of the purchasing and agreement work at the department
- Desk, handling post and the archive at the department
- Rental of guest accommodation, cabins, canteens, teaching rooms, garage spaces
- Internal management of finance
- Internal follow up of HR cases
- Facilitation for internal HSE work
- Information and communications
- Coordinates UiB's largest in-house construction projects
- Development of building measures related to the cluster initiatives at UiB
- Master plan for property