Here you will find some practical information on your arrival to Bergen.
The University of Bergen wish all eucen conference participants and accompanying persons welcome to Bergen next week!
Transportation from Bergen Airport
Bergen Airport is situated 16 km south of the City Centre. Transport from the airport to the city centre by bus, light rail or taxi.
- The light rail stop is right outside the main terminal building
- Departures every 5-10 minutes through the day
- 45 minutes journey to the city centre
- Three stops in Bergen city centre. Nonneseter stop is just outside Bergen Train Station, only 2-3 minutes walk from Grand Hotel Terminus and Hotel Zander K.
- One-way single ticket: 37 NOK / 4 EUR (when purchased at the Light Rail stop, or at the ticket machine at the baggage claim area). Pay by credit card or Norwegian cash. Supplement for paying onboard.
Airport Express bus
- Bus stop just outside the main terminal building
- Departures every 10-15 minutes through the day
- 20-35 minutes journey, depending on different routes
- Stops at Bergen Bus station (5 minutes walk from Grand Hotel Terminus and Hotel Zander K) and a few more stops through the city centre
- One-way ticket 105 NOK/ 11 EUR (when buying your ticket before departure at ticket vending machines at the airport). Pay by credit card or Norwegian cash. Supplement for paying onboard
- Taxi stops just outside the terminal building
- 20-45 minutes journey, depending on traffic
- Prizes appr. 500 NOK / 50 EUR (depending on taxi company and time of the day)
Arriving by train from Oslo
The train from Oslo arrives at Bergen Train Station in the city centre, only 2-3 minutes walk from Grand Hotel Terminus and Hotel Zander K.
Getting to the conference venues: The University Aula and the Student Centre
The University Aula and the Student Centre are situated on the University of Bergen campus, a 10-15 minutes walk from Grand Hotel Terminus, Hotel Zander K and Bergen train station/Nonneseter light rail stop and the bus station nearby.
There is also a taxi stop just outside the train station and the two hotels in Zander Kaaes gt.
Registration on arrival
Conference registration takes place in the Student Centre from 13.00 on Wednesday 6 June.
Our conference assistants will provide you with conference packs, pre-ordered tickets for the social program and name badges, and help you with any questions you might have.
Registration desk is open:
- Wednesday 6 June: 13.00 – 18.00
- Thursday 7 June: 08.30 – 17.30
- Friday 8 June: 08.30 – 14.30
Conference closure – guided walks
When the conference and the eucen General Assembly are closed on Friday afternoon, we offer two different guides tours, for those who have prebooked. Both tours will start 14.30 from outside the University Aula and last appr. 2 hours.
Please bring comfortable shoes for these tours, like trainers or similar.
The walk on Mount Fløien includes a ride one-way up with the Fløien Funicular. Tickets for the funicular are included and will be organized by your guide. You will walk back to the city centre. It is possible to buy a return ticket, if you would like to spend more time on Mount Fløien on your own instead of joining the rest of the group on the walk back to the city centre.